Thursday, June 27, 2013

Adam Half Face

Adam Half Face

http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/   for the About Face  as all poems on this blog to the imaginary garden with real toads

L. Edgar Otto   June 26/27, 2013



We act differently while viewed in
Love's ultimate songs of uncertainty

We are each others mirrors
foggy or fun house or crystal clear

Full of time as much as emptiness
we half shadows to the touch

When I lean against the brick wall or
to rest my head on my arms to sleep

I imagine the wall is real too and you
weighing me down noticed with the gravity

Adam's profile half his face beholds
some imagined bearded lady

Lightning down or nurtured up from hidden
roots forever young the tree of life to sky

Eve the other half and view inside my mind
no image worthy of your soul's shadow

Although we dance and tease, our touching
doubled, temptation cuddle, eternal garden

* * * *

5 comments:

  1. There are many profound lines in this poem, and you have expressed them with a neat turn of phrase.

    If this poem was written for the "About Face" prompt on Real Toads, please acknowledge this by providing a link back to the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your poem! So intimate and powerful.
    I love so many lines, but these are my fav:

    "Lightning down or nurtured up from hidden
    roots forever young the tree of life to sky

    Eve the other half and view inside my mind
    no image worthy of your soul's shadow"

    Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We are each other's mirrors
    foggy or fun house or crystal clear"
    This is so true. Well done!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all goes back to Adam, dosn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe, for English anyway... East of Eden but not always West of Aden I do not plan to ever include that story in my poems but if it occurs in the various forms of mysticism of the peoples of the book I do not stop it... Anyway thanks for the comment long time poet friend I follow (you and dave)

    ReplyDelete