Monday, May 27, 2013

Welcoming



                                             (Welcome to Current Lyrics and Poetry
                                                   this Blog Design in Progress...)


I.

While We and Her Accordion Breathes

                                 L. Edgar Otto     May 27, 2013

When you go away beyond the northern sky 
do not forget to look up, make a map to home again

I have never seen the southern cross, nor my poetess ride with you
through the Pampas as all cowboys do, sing of homesickness

Most of the heavens in the bowl of time we cannot see at once
your eyes,  your sunlight galaxy of freckles - oh the 

Rio Grand exports so many beauties for such a small land
but I will ever only count the constellations on your arms,

So much of you still hidden, so much never revealed in time 
yet we connected our isolated lonely stars, learned the paths

All of the stars in the sky, and all of them again, infinity yet each
contained beyond words and names, poetry's universal language

That we are in different worlds, yet share one sky alone we spin
today's one dream happy yet  lonely together, my Dreamikin.

* * * * * 






5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, tended and romantic =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very romantic. Love the interlacing of galaxies with her being and your joined beings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a sweetness in this poem... I think on the stars a lot. When I was a kid I lived in the country, and we had no ambient light to rob us of layer upon layer of stars.

    Thanks for linking this poem! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really appeals to me. I think Maggie has her finger on it: it's the romanticism of it.

    ReplyDelete